- Two-year diploma (continuous)
- January and September entry dates
- Paterson GlobalFoods Institute, Exchange District Campus, Winnipeg
- Two paid co-op work placements
- Laptop delivery
- Optional one-year certificate exit
- Credit transfer opportunities:
- Credit for Levels 1 and 2 Apprentice Cook
- Accelerated ability to write Red Seal Exam
- Hospitality and Tourism Management program
- University of Manitoba
- Due to high demand, this program is open to Manitoba residents only. Applications received from non-Manitoba residents for this program will be cancelled and the application fee will not be refunded.
- International applicants please visit Academic Program, Dates and Fees for a listing of programs for international students, current availability and online application instructions.
The first year of the Culinary Arts diploma program is designed to prepare students to work in the culinary industry by providing courses aimed at developing fundamental skills and knowledge; including basic business skills. Courses will be presented through a combination of classroom based theory and lab based practice. Students will also obtain certifications in Food Handler Level 1, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), First Aid, and Fire Safety.
The second year of the program will build on your culinary foundation through advanced and specialty theory and practice. Courses presented are a combination of classroom theory and lab based practice. Among other courses, students will serve and prepare Canadian regional cuisine in Jane’s fine dining restaurant and will obtain Serving it Safe certification.
This program has been recognized by the Canadian Forces. Visit http://cfo-oafc.accc.ca/search.php for recognition information.